PaulS5a, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE master technician Level 4 Chrysler training and 20 yrs exp. repairing vehicles

Having problems with the anti theft system on my dodge durango

Customer Question

Having problems with the anti theft system on my dodge durango 2000 model. It will disable the car and will not let you crank the car until you disconnect the battery post and replace.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  PaulS5a replied 8 years ago.
You are most likely having a central timer module problem. Next time it acts up pull fuse number 13 (power door lock fuse) for 1 minute and then see if you can start the engine. This will reset the module. If it starts normally then you will most likey have to replace the module. The ctm is located under the right side of the dash. but be aware that it would take a scan tool to properly diagnosis this system and program after replacement.