Steve
Steve, Service Manager
Experience:  25+ Years experience as a professional working automotive technician; ASE L1 master technician
157173

Dodge durango: 4.7 With a Code P0135 02 Sensor Bank..same code..cam

Customer Question

I have a Dodge Durando 4.7 With a Code P0135 02 Sensor Bank i Sensor One. I replace that sensor and clear code. One the computer peramiters Reset the same code cam back on. The exhaust manifold on that same side has a leak. Can that be the cause of my problem. Thanks Phil
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Steve replied 8 years ago.

hello;

What model year is your Durango?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
SRTXXXXX
Expert:  Steve replied 8 years ago.
What model year is your Durango? The diagnostic routine for this code may be different on diferent model year vehicles...
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
2000 SRTXXXXX
Expert:  Steve replied 8 years ago.

This code indicates that there is a problem with the heater circuit for the B1S1 oxygen sensor. The oxygen sensor contains a small electric heating element to bring it up to temperature quickly when the enigne is first started. Power for the heater comes from the 15 amp fuse in cavity A of the underhood power distribution center, and goes from there to the oxygen sensor on the orange/ dk green wire. Check for power at the sensor electrical plug, and check for a blown fuse...

An exhaust manifold leak may affect sensor signal accuracy, but will NOT cause this particular code to store.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Model Year 2000 Dodge Durango 4.7
Expert:  Steve replied 8 years ago.

Apologies, we seem to have a delay in the system here...

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks For Your Help. I will Check That Out

Phil

Expert:  Steve replied 8 years ago.

You are welcome; if I have been helpful, please don't forget to click my ACCEPT button when you are finished.. we don't get paid anything for our time unless the customer clicks accept.

Thanks!