sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

2000 Dodge Grand Caravan: keeps blowing..40 amp fuse..radiator fans

My 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan keeps blowing the 40 amp fuse for the radiator fans
This could be caused by a bad fan motor or relay, possibly both will need to be replaced. You can use jumper wires to run the fan and see if it will spin. If it is rough or runs slow, replace it. The relay bolts to the frame rail under the air filter box. These relays fail pretty commonly, and especially if you have a bad fan motor.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to sprinkles08's Post: The fan has two sides and only one side operates when I replace the fuse. Is this a two stage fan or are both sets of blade supposed to go on at the same time?
I think you have found your problem. Both fan motors are wired together. They are both supposed to run together all the time. The motor that is not running should be replaced. If you go to a dealer for parts they can only get the entire fan assembly (module). It comes as both motors, fans, and shroud, and is very expensive. Your best bet would be to go to a parts store and pick up a motor there and save yourself a ton of money.