vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience:  gold certified, dodge viper certified

Odometer..fuses..engine dome light, and a bell rings 3X

Customer Question

My odometer alternates with a fuse warning. I have checked all the removable fuses, both on the engine block as well as the side panel inside the door. I have no dome light, and a bell rings 3X when starting the engine. Any advice where to look?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 8 years ago.

The fuse it is speaking of is the IOD fuse located in the fuse box under the hood. The related fuse is #13.

Check this fuse to see if 12 volts is present on both side of fuse when installed.

If this answers your question then please press ACCEPT. If you need more help then let me know. Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to vipertech763's Post: Tried doing that...fuse is good
The #13 fuse powers the dome lamps. Did you check for voltage? Ohming the fuse is great but I need to make sure its getting 12 volts. I need clearification on that and also, remove the dome lamp lense and check to see if 12 volts is present on either of the terminals at the bulb.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Done...had my friend come over...he found that replacing the dome light solved the problem. Sorry your answer couldn't help me.