sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2005 Dodge Ram 1500: torque specs..joints..Transfer case..pinion

I would like to know the torque specs for the rear driveline u-joints on my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD. Transfer case u-joint & Rear pinion u-joint.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 years ago.
The bolts that hold the pinion flanges to the driveshafts are 115 ft lbs for the front and rear shafts both.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to sprinkles08's Post: The 4 bolts at the rear u-joint, and the 4 at the front u-joint?

There are 4 bolts on the flange at the rear differential pinion yoke, there are 4 bolts that hold the flange to the pinion yoke at the front differential. All bolts torque to 115 ft lbs.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to sprinkles08's Post: I need the torques for the the 4 bolts at the transfer case...not front diff.
For the front or rear driveshaft?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to sprinkles08's Post: Rear driveshaft
The rear driveshaft should not bolt to the transfer case on your truck. It should have a slip yoke. The driveshaft should slip out of the transfer case once the rear flange is unbolted from the differential.