a-mechanic
a-mechanic, Shop Foreman Dodge,Chrysler,Jeep
Experience:  ASE Master Tech. Chrysler electrical/chassis master. 16 years in Dealerships
10291654

Sitting..battery went dead..no issues with the brakes, they feel fine

My car has been sitting for about 14 months, the engine would be started once in a while until the battery went dead. When i tooked it to the dealer they suggested that I should replace it because it looked a little dark. Since i have been back and driving around, I have no issues with the brakes, they feel fine. So how do I know that my brake fluid is contaminated and needs to be bled? And do I start when bleeding brakes?

Hi.

There are test strips for brake fluid though I've only gotten them from BG.

Brake fluid absorbs moisture and darkens as it does. too much moisture and the fluid can boil or corrode the brake lines, calipers etc...

If it is dark It is not a bad idea to flush or bleed the brakes. start at the right rear then the left rear then the right front then the left front.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Alright, then now I believe this car is equipped with ABS, im am not sure, is it any different than a vehicle without?
No, unless you are replacing the abs hydraulic control unit, it has to be bled by running the pump. but the base brakes is the same as any other.