Buck2001, Dodge Owner
Experience:  Have been around Dodge Cars and Trucks all my life

how to change a fuel pump on 2002 dodge dakota 4 door, 3.9 ...

how to change a fuel pump on 2002 dodge dakota 4 door, 3.9 v6   need pictures and diagrams
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Buck2001 replied 8 years ago.
The easiest way to change the fuel pump on your truck is to remove the bed. You will have to disconnect the fuel fill pipe, and the tail light connectors, then remove the bolts that hold the bed on. Remove the bed and you have great access to the fuel pump. There is a big plastic ring on the top of the tank, this is what holds the fuel pump in the tank. disconnect the connectors and then remove the pump. This is way easier than trying to drop the tank, with dropping the tank you can only drop it so far before you have to undo the connectors. Hope this helps
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
How much does the bed weigh?
Expert:  Buck2001 replied 8 years ago.

I dont know the exact weight, but 2 guys can lift the bed off. my advice would be to set a saw horse (or something close to that) about 2 feet behind the bed, lift the bed up and walk it back so it is sitting on the horse and the back part of the frame.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how do you disconnect the fuel fill pipe
Expert:  Buck2001 replied 8 years ago.
There are bolts inside the fuel door, you might want to go buy your self a shop manual for your truck, they will answer a lot of your questions