sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

On a 2007 dodge Caliber, whats the easiest way to reset an ETC

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 years ago.
What kind of problems are you having?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Well the
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The Electronic Throttle control light came on out of nowhere, idles bad, haven't driven it yet. I may have to reset it. any ideas?
There is nothing you can reset yourself. If the etc light is on there are some trouble codes stored in the pcm. You have some sort of failure. It sounds like it may be a map sensor. Cycle the key from off to on 3 times and watch the digital odometer display for the codes. They will start with a p and have 4 numbers. There may be more than one code. Write them down and post them here and I will tell you what to do. This method does not always work on every vehicle, but give it a shot. If that does not work you will need to go to a parts store like Autozone and have them check for codes, they do it for free. By the way, which engine is in your Caliber, and how many miles are on it?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to sprinkles08's Post: Ok, did that. The Odometer Showed ------ then -Done-. Then nothing else. It's a 2.0L and has 52,000. First problem I've had with it.
It looks like it is not going to give us the codes. You will need to try a parts store. All of the big ones will scan for free. Once you get the codes post them here and I will be able to help you diagnose your problem, any thing else would be a guess. The most common problem to cause this is the map sensor though.
Hi. Have you gotten your car scanned yet?