Kevin
Kevin, Dodge Technician
Experience:  15 years working at a Chrysler dealer Master Tech Owner Of Kevins Mobile Repair Atlanta
10592253

2461346

Customer Question

2003 Dodge Caravan 3.3 Liter 6 cylinderXXXXXno flex fuel , will not start or roll over. Was driving (went about 3 blocks when it stalled) Will not start from there…never had problems with it before, fully paid out, no warranty. Initially thought it needed a jump, no luck, put new battery in, put new starter and starter cylenoid in, put new starter relay in, put new ignition switch in…noticed another block box called “immobilizer connected to ignition switch, replaced that as well…someone else suggested possible alarm problems, this is a factory installed alarm. The alarm indicator light now stays on all the time and alarm will not trigger, keyless entry still works. The alarm indicator light is supposed to blink for a few seconds and then go off according to owner''s manual, if it stays on it indicates an electrical problem.

We have put every penny we can into this and are on foot. We have 2 disabled children that need to get across town to see their doctor''s on a regular basis and cannot take public transportation because of their illnesses. We HAVE to get this van up and running ASAP!
Any help would be appreciated!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to the site my name is XXXXX XXXXX see if we can help resolve this issue.
If this is an alarm issue via the SKIM module only a dealer can resolve this issue. Will it try and start and run for 3 seconds then die and on the 3rd time it wont do anything?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Kevin's Post: No, it does not try to do anything at all. When you turn the key, you hear a small electrical click (I'm told this means the starter relay is doing it's job...) that's the only sound from the front of the van. There is no turn over, there is no anything.
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 years ago.
Ok then if u can what u want to do then is hit the starter with something wheb trying to start it. A clunk each time u try and start it yes is a starter
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Kevin's Post: Are you saying you are thinking it is a starter issue even though we have already replaced the starter? We actually replaced it twice. The first one was bad so we took it back and we had the parts store test the second starter with the machine before we left the store with the it. We are extremely puzzled at this point and at our wits end. Literally! We are not understanding why the alarm light is staying on or why this van will not start. It has never even hinted at a problem before this happened. It is only a 2003!! I've always driven Dodge's for their reliability and have never seen this problem before. I simply don't know what to do! Or where to turn! If I could afford to take it to a shop or a dealer, I would do so, but I can't...
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 years ago.
only way U will be able to see what is going on with the alarm is if u know some one that has a DRB which is a dealer scanner to which it will give more info to what is going on with teh alarm.