dodge technician 1
dodge technician 1, Dodge Technician
Experience:  21 years Dodge,Jeep and Chrysler technician. a.s.e certified master technician, diesel certified.

i got a error code p1756 it states govner pressure is ...

i got a error code p1756 it states govner pressure is above 3psi in gear at 0 miles per hour   and i don''t have clue trying to help my mom thanks the vehicle is a 2001 dodge 1500 quad cab do belive it''s got the 5.8 under the hood

Hello and welcome to just answer

The problem you are having is in the transmission

It will be one of two things 99% of the time it is the govner pressure switch and pressure transducer that need to be replaced. This involves removing the transmission pan and a couple bolts that hold the sensor and transducer in place.

The other 1% of the time it is a bad valve body in the trans that has to be replaced.

I would start by replacing the sensor and transducer first, because it is alot cheaper than a valve body and it will probabliy fix the problem.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
so is that to sensor or just one
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
well what do you think it has less than 100,000 on it easy pretty much towed a couple of trailers with it but nothing very heavy at all
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i want to thank you for your time and my will be happy to get her truck back on the road

Two parts the part #s are 56028 196AA transducer and(NNN) NNN-NNNNsolenoid. These are the parts to put on first.

That is not alot of miles for a truck as long as the trans has been serviced.