dodge technician 1
dodge technician 1, Dodge Technician
Experience:  21 years Dodge,Jeep and Chrysler technician. a.s.e certified master technician, diesel certified.
10307968

i got a error code p1756 it states govner pressure is ...

Customer Question

i got a error code p1756 it states govner pressure is above 3psi in gear at 0 miles per hour   and i don''t have clue trying to help my mom thanks the vehicle is a 2001 dodge 1500 quad cab do belive it''s got the 5.8 under the hood
Category: Dodge
Expert:  dodge technician 1 replied 6 years ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer

The problem you are having is in the transmission

It will be one of two things 99% of the time it is the govner pressure switch and pressure transducer that need to be replaced. This involves removing the transmission pan and a couple bolts that hold the sensor and transducer in place.

The other 1% of the time it is a bad valve body in the trans that has to be replaced.

I would start by replacing the sensor and transducer first, because it is alot cheaper than a valve body and it will probabliy fix the problem.

Thank you.

dodge technician 1, Dodge Technician
Experience: 21 years Dodge,Jeep and Chrysler technician. a.s.e certified master technician, diesel certified.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
so is that to sensor or just one
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
well what do you think it has less than 100,000 on it easy pretty much towed a couple of trailers with it but nothing very heavy at all
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i want to thank you for your time and my will be happy to get her truck back on the road

Two parts the part #s are 56028 196AA transducer and(NNN) NNN-NNNNsolenoid. These are the parts to put on first.

That is not alot of miles for a truck as long as the trans has been serviced.