Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

I have a 2001 dodge caravan and the dash lights are out but ...

I have a 2001 dodge caravan and the dash lights are out but I don''t see a fuse for them in the fuse box?

Hello and welcome to Just, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

The fuse for the I/P is the #24 fuse, (20amp) in the power distribution center under the hood. You might want to try replacing it because sometimes they will look good but be bad.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Super Mechanic's Post: i sent a reply from the home page and this is the first time I have used your service so I'm not sure if that was the fastest way. i replaced the fuse 20A RDO/IP IGN but it was not numbered. The lights are still out but all other mlights are working and the dimmer is in the proper position.

You can just keep the posts here, (don't know how though)

Is there any way you can check the power to the fuses?

Did you find a number 24 fuse in the under hood power module? (fuse box)

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have a small voltage tester but I'm not getting it to light up on any of them. There are no numbers in the fuse box or the legend on the cover. That was the only one that had IP listed on it. is there any way I can talk with you?
According to the picture that I have, (which I can't copy for some reason) the #24 fuse will be the second fuse from the control module on the right side. There is one fuse, then the starter relay, and the next fuse, right next to the starter relay is the #24, which in the diagram powers the I/P.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There is one 20A fuse next to the starter relay labeled HZD LP. Next to that is the accesory relay and next to that is a cluster of 3 20A fuses, 12V OUT IGN OR BATT at the top, RDO/IP IGN (the one I changed) under it and EWD/RR WSHR next to that
The HZD LP fuse, see if there is power there, on both sides. That should be the #24. I don't know why they would name it that either. I see that in the diagram. You never know when a fuse is bad it can cause all types of problems as current will sometimes back feed into other circuits.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I had already switched that one before you replied... Nothing... Any other suggestions?
There could be a problem with the headlight switch or the body control module. You would have to see if there are any trouble codes in the BCM. That is the only way to know if the BCM is getting a signal from the headlight switch to send power to the I/P lighting. I'm not sure if Autozone can do that or not, I know they can do engine codes.