JHoop
JHoop, Dodge Technician
Experience:  14 Year Engine Builder,16 years as a Tech HvyLine, Suspension, Electrical, Brakes, 6 Year Shop Owner
4700517

Where is the thermostat located on my 2004 Dodge Stratus

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Dodge
Expert:  JHoop replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX you for choosing justanswer.com.

Couple quick questions for you while I pull up some diagrams:

-What size Engine? (2.4, 2.7, 3.0)
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
2.7
Expert:  JHoop replied 8 years ago.
Ok. The Thermostat is located inside the Thermostat Housing. If you follow the Radiator Hose up to the side of the Engine, it connects to the side of the Housing. You have to drain the Coolant, remove the Drive Belts, then remove the Hoses from the side of the Housing to get the Thermostat out.
graphic
Not the easiest one to replace, but certainly not the hardest. I uploaded the replacement procedure in .pdf format here to justanswer. You can download it by clicking HERE. I hope this helps you. If you have any more questions or need any more diagrams, please don't hesisitate to ask...Thanks again, JHoop
___________________________
Don't forget to click ACCEPT. Bonuses as well as Feedback are always welcome. Thanks. (Please understand, that just because you put a deposit down, is not paying for the answer. You MUST hit the ACCEPT button for me to receive credit.)