ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Dodge. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.

I am getting error codes P 0203, P0204, P0205, P0206 and E ...

I am getting error codes P 0203, P0204, P0205, P0206 and E 0153. It is a Dodge Dakota 2001 V6, it is getting terrible gas mileage and seems to be blowing black smoke. It also shudders at about 2000 RPM. Any Suggestion

Hi, thank you for choosing Just Answer!

etc., etc., Get the idea?

You also mentioned... E0153? This is incorrect format.

The letters should be B, C, P, and U

If it is giving you a code starting with an E, then the computer is faulty.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to ase_master327's Post: Thanks for your quick comment back, I knew what the codes meant for the 0203 ect.. would this be causing the poor gas mileage and black smoke? Where do i start to fix this? Replace the injectors?

Those codes are circuit problems. Changing the injectors won't necessarily solve the problem.

The E code is what has me worried, because the computer is the main part of the injector circuit.

Please tell me the 'E' thing was only a typo...???

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Im sorry i misread the code on the odom. it is P 0153

Did this problem just start one day when you cranked it up? or after running for only a few minutes...???

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It seemed to be random, yes, could these codes combined cause the bad gas mileage and black smoke? I have heard the 0153 code is the O2 sensor. What do you think?

O2 sensor, yes...But it is a code about contamination on this particular engine...

Might start with checking that fuel filter...

If the injectors are stuck open, then it looks like someone has contaminated the fuel system. The way to check this is to hook a fuel pressure gauge to the engine, and pressurize the system. Pinch off the return line to the pump, and see if it holds pressure. If it doesn't hold pressure, then it is very possible that the engine will need some new injectors.

Let me know what you find!!!