Larry, Service manager
Experience:  19 years gold certified

My Power windows on My 2004 Dodge Stratus are dead. Have ...

My Power windows on My 2004 Dodge Stratus are dead. Have changed switch panel on Drivers side and fuse is good. Other then a wiring problem what else could it be.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

There is a relay for the power windows. It is on the left side of the dash, facing the door. You can open the door to get to it. It should be behind the panel. You want to check for power to it. Also, see if there is power at the main switch.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Are you talking about the 30 Amp Breaker? I replaced it , nothing changed. I don't see any relay other then that
Expert:  Larry replied 8 years ago.
How many windows dont work? please let me know. ill try to help.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
All the windows are dead. Are all up thanfully but will not go down.
Expert:  Larry replied 8 years ago.
Im going to see if i get a dagram for you be back soon.
Expert:  Larry replied 8 years ago.

The following circuit test sequence determines whether or not voltage is continuous through the body harness to switch.

1. Remove the driver door trim panel.
  2. Carefully separate wiring harness connector from switch body.
  3. Using a voltmeter, connect the ground lead to the Pin 10 of the wiring harness connector.
  4. Using the positive lead, check Pin 1 of the harness connector for battery voltage. If OK, refer to Window Switch Test. If not OK, check 30 amp circuit breaker in the Junction Block. If the circuit breaker is OK, repair wire as necessary. For wiring, specific connector type and location, refer to the appropriate wiring information. The wiring information includes wiring diagrams, proper wire and connector repair procedures, details of wire harness routing and retention, connector pin-out information and location views for the various wire harness connectors, splices and grounds.

The following test should be performed if all windows do not lower when the top switch is in the down position.

1. Check for battery voltage at pins C1, F1 and D1 of the window drop relay wire connector. If OK, go to Step 2. If not OK, check the circuit breaker and fuse or check for a shorted or open wire. Repair as necessary.

2. Check pin D1 of the window drop relay wire connector for ground while pressing the top down switch. If not OK, check the power top up/down relay wiring. If OK, replace the window drop relay.
Larry, Service manager
Experience: 19 years gold certified