vipertech763
vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience:  gold certified, dodge viper certified
3256298

Replace turn single bulb 2005 dodge ram 2500 diesel truck

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Dodge
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 6 years ago.
Good afternoon, in order to help you I need to know if you are speaking of the front or rear turn signal bulb. Let me know and I will get back with you and help you further.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
2005 dodge ram 2500 diesel front driver side turn single

Here is the info you requested:

BULB - PARK/TURN SIGNAL

NOTE: The front park/turn signal bulb also provides illumination for the front side marker lamp function.

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
  2. Remove the front lamp unit (1) from the front fender.

LAMP

2. Disengage the three plastic retainers (3) that secure the rubber welt (2) on the inboard side of the front lamp unit (5) to the fender ledge.
  3. Remove the three screws (4) that secure the front lamp unit to the fender.
  4. Pull the lamp away from the fender far enough to access the wire harness connections (1) on the back of the lamp housing.

5. Disconnect the headlamp wire harness connector (4) from the headlamp bulb socket (5).
  6. Disconnect the park and turn signal lamp wire harness connector (3) from the park and turn signal bulb socket (2).
  7. Remove the front lamp unit from the fender.
  8. Firmly grasp the park/turn signal bulb socket (2) on the back of the front lamp unit housing and rotate it counterclockwise about 30 degrees to unlock it.
  9. Pull the socket and bulb straight out from the keyed opening in the housing.

10. Pull the base of the bulb (2) straight out of the socket (1).

If this answers your question then press ACCEPT. If you need more help then let me know. Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The left turn single, driverside on 2005 dodge ram 2500 diesel P/U
remove all (3) bolts and the top of the light is not loose (can't remove hesdlight)