Dodgerench
Dodgerench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30+ years Dodge/Chrysler exp., ASE Master with L1 certification. Driveability/ combustion specialist
4486286

2003 dodge durango: All power windows work..drivers..switches

I have a 2003 dodge durango. All power windows work from the drivers switch but individual switches at each window do not work. I have tried the window lock. Any ideas???
Customer welcome to Just Answer!.

Actually... it IS the lockout that's causing your problem. The lockout feature has become an open circuit. It supplies the ground circuit to every switch besides the master switch, so when it goes bad, no other window works. There are instances where repeatedly hitting the lock switch while holding one of the other window switches will cause the circuit to wake up.

You have everything needed at the master switch to operate all of your windows from there, so your power and ground feeds are OK. It's an internal switching problem within the master switch that's giving you trouble.

Write back if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Ed

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dodgerench's Post: Ed,
Is there a way to bypass this switch or is it better to replace the switch or the entire driver side control?
I've never attempted to bypass it and it would seem pretty tough to do. Once a switch comes apart, there sometimes isn't a good way to get them back together (Humpty Dumpty effect).

The switch that you need is the whole driver-side control. The rest are probably OK if they all worked before this problem started.

Ed