RD
RD, Dodge Mechanic
Experience:  35 Years in the Dodge repair field
3087803

1994 Dodge Caravan: turn signals..Four way flashers work fine..traced

Customer Question

I have a 1994 Dodge Caravan with no turn signals working. Four way flashers work fine. Have traced and traced to no avail. Where am I falling short of my fix?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

Hello

Welcome to JA

Do you have brake lights?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes and 4 way flashers.
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

Hi

And there is no power to the turn signal flasher?

(4 way and directionals are 2 septate flashers)

Hart

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no. turn and 4 way are in the same flasher.
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

Ok

Good i see 2 switches with 2 different flasher set ups for 93/94

And when you turn the directional on does the dash light up?

Hart

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no.
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

Hello

your switch runs threw a BCM (body control module) then out to your lights

i have in closed a photo of the part it is located under the dash on the let side

on the firewall by the brake pedal

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-1994-PLYMOUTH-VOYAGER-3-0L-BODY-CONTROL-MODULE-BCM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ33598QQihZ008QQitemZ180141359556QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V#ebayphotohosting

Also here is a link for a used one if you wanted to go that rout,

do a goggle search and you can pried out a new one and places that repair them.

Let me know if i can help you more!

Hart

RD, Dodge Mechanic
Experience: 35 Years in the Dodge repair field
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I still don 't have any signals. I replaced the clockspring today.
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

Hello

Have you checked the bcm?

I think i read in your post on here when we started you did install a clock spring

RE<<<<<<<<<I have a 1994 Dodge Caravan with no turn signals working. Four way flashers work fine. Have traced and traced to no avail. Where am I falling short of my fix?

Optional Information:
1994 Dodge Caravan 3.0

Already Tried:
flasher, clockspring, cobo switch.

So we get tis done right lets go over what we have done and you can close the other post please

Hart

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I replaced the clockspring, multi function switch, flasher, and BCM. Nothing has changed.
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

OK

I have a 1994 dodge caravan in the shop right now,

let me go out and look at a few things and get back with you

Was there nything that lead up to this? or just started doing this one day?

Thanks!

Hart

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just started it one day.
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

HI

I have a tech trying to duplicate the problom. as soon as i have something ill let you know!

Hart

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks alot. Bill
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

Bill

I feel we found our problom.

does the van have tilt wheel?

Hart

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

Ok

were the wiring connects to the turn signal switch, trace this back to where it swivels at the tilt,

this area you might find a brake in the wiring, if you go down past there you might see where it got rubbed on the brake peddle or on the shift lever swivel

let me know if you find something

Hart

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have checked this. It was ok. I did notice Saturday that when I have the 4 way flasher on and turn the signals on, whichever side I turn on does not affect the whole rear side. It only makes the light on the side I turn the signal to go out and stop flashing. On most cars when you turn on 4 ways and hit brake rear brake lights come on anyway. Does this help?
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

Hello

Here is a blow up of the relay panel

i would check the wiring here for possibly a loose wire or a wire damaged from moister if you remove the screws you can flip the panel over to see the back side

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Checked all these and they are fine. checked at bcm also. really at wits end by now.
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

Hello

were does the power stop at if everything we have looked at is good?

thanks

steve

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I repaired problem by replacing ignition switch. This fixed it all.
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

Hello

was it a power or grounding problom?

thanks

Hart

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It was power at ignition switch to signal switch.
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

Hello

Interesting

what did not work besides the turn signals?

Hart

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
heater blower motor.
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

Hello

Im sorry i must have missed that when we were communicating the problom.

I hope i can help you the next time you have a question

Hart

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks. I will request you when I have a Chrysler problem. Bill
Expert:  RD replied 6 years ago.

Thank you!

Hart