Leo
Leo, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  2005 Dodge ASE master technician of the year
6262442

I have a 2003 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi showing codes P2106,P2175 ...

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi showing codes P2106,P2175 & not getting much help from local dealer or service garage. Need explantion and repair tips. Already replaced APPS & MAP @ recomendation from garage. Dealer says air filter is problem.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Leo replied 8 years ago.

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer!

P2106 = ETC forced limit power (this sets anytime another ETC code is triggered)

P2175 = low airflow / restriction, slow accumulation..

This code can be set by a really dirty air filter, but I'm going on the assumption that it's already been looked at and is fine.

The most common reason (by far) is a very dirty throttle body / plate. Pop the resonator off the top of the engine and have a look down the throttle body, push it open and pay close attention to the area where it almost touches the bore.. clean this up very well (along with the edges of the throttle plate).

I've run across this 3 or 4 times and this has fixed every one of 'em.. A word of caution, the edge of the throttle blade is sharp, I mean razor sharp.. Just watch your fingers.

Have a peak, clean as necessary and reply back with the results. Rememer your under no obligation to accept unless this information is helpfull to you.. Any questions don't hesitate to reply.

Thanks,
Leo

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Well Leo, God used you to answer my prayer,thanks.