I am ready to replace my spark plugs in my 2004 Dodge Ram ...

I am ready to replace my spark plugs in my 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 5.7 Hemi. Does it have a waste spark ignition system and what are the best plugs to use for performance and fuel economy??
Category: Dodge
Expert:  TIM replied 8 years ago.

Resistor type spark plugs are used on all engines.

Sixteen spark plugs (2 per cylinder) are used with 5.7L V-8 engines

For additional information, also refer to Ignition Coil Description and Operation.

The 5.7L V-8 engine is equipped with 16 spark plugs. Two plugs are used for each cylinder. The 5.7L is also equipped with 8 separate and independent ignition coils. The one-piece coil bolts directly to the cylinder head cover and attaches the coils secondary output terminal directly to a spark plug using a rubber boot seal. Each coil is also equipped with a second output terminal. This second terminal connects a conventional spark plug cable directly to a spark plug on the opposite cylinder bank. A separate primary electrical connector is used for each coil.

champion spark plug #SPRE14MCC4

Eight conventional spark plug cables are used with the 5.7L. These cables connect a coil on one cylinder bank, directly to a spark plug on the opposite cylinder bank. The cables are placed and routed in a special plastic loom to keep them separated. This loom is clipped to the intake manifold. To prevent a miss-match of cables, a corresponding spark plug / coil number is XXXXX on each plug cable: 1/6, 2/3, 4/7 and 5/8. These numbers can also be found on the top of the intake manifold to the right of the throttle body

Two knock sensors (one for each cylinder bank) are used to help control spark knock.

The 5.7L engine will not use a conventional distributor.

The ignition system consists of:

• 16 Spark Plugs (2 per cylinder)
  • 8 Separate, Dual-Secondary Output, Ignition Coils
  • 2 Knock Sensors
  • 8 Secondary Ignition Cables
  • Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
  • Also to be considered part of the ignition system are certain inputs from the Crankshaft Position, Camshaft Position, Throttle Position, 2 knock and MAP Sensors
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So it does have a waste spark ignition ? I forgot to tell you that I have an AFE cold air intake, Flowmaster exhaust and AFE throttle body. So can I safely use E3 plugs???
Expert:  TIM replied 8 years ago.

champion spark plug #SPRE14MCC4

i would only use the champion plugs listed above

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i have called Schucks and they can't pull that # XXXXX
They have part #'s 9403, 7570, 3570 and 570 for champion.
Expert:  TIM replied 8 years ago.
that number is XXXXX champion spark plug number -- just double checked in my parts departement,tim