Dodgerench
Dodgerench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30+ years Dodge/Chrysler exp., ASE Master with L1 certification. Driveability/ combustion specialist
4486286

I have an engine check light code P0113 what is it 04 ...

I have an engine check light code P0113 what is it? 04 Dodge Ram 1500 SRT10
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dodgerench replied 6 years ago.
Customer welcome to Just Answer!.

the code reads INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR CIRCUIT HIGH. What it's saying is that the 5v signal put out to the IAT sensor is showing something like an open-circuit... five volts.

This could very well be the case. A disconnected IAT sensor will set the code immediately and it will take time for the MIL to go out on its own. If you've been working in the area, the sensor may very well be disconnected... it happens.

I'm not sure exactly where it's located on the V10 Viper engine. It's a lock to be somewhere in the intake air stream, so look before the throttle body, or in the intake plenum. If you have problems finding it, let me know and I'll do some research.

If it can be found and it ISN'T disconnected, the possibilities are that there is a cut wire, the sensor is an open circuit or the PCM has failed.

Two wires feed the sensor; one is the 5v signal and the other is a ground. Shorting the two together should produce a code P0112 (same as P0113, only LOW voltage) as a quick test of the wiring and PCM. That would only leave the sensor as being the problem.

If that changes nothing, check the black/ light blue wire for continuity to ground. It should be within 15 ohms if it's OK. The other wire should show something very close to 5.0 volts with the key turned on. If either don't measure up as described, check your wiring and give me a jingle.

It's not uncommon for high-performance vehicles like your SRT-10 to have a fair amount of down-time, giving rodents time to do damage to the harness. Give it a good looking-over for signs of chewed sound insulation and droppings... as well as the wiring damage.

Talk later!

Ed

Dodgerench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 30+ years Dodge/Chrysler exp., ASE Master with L1 certification. Driveability/ combustion specialist