Dodgerench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30+ years Dodge/Chrysler exp., ASE Master with L1 certification. Driveability/ combustion specialist

1991 dodge dakota: v..Air Intake Air Temperature sensor is located

i have a 1991 dodge dakota 5.2 v-8. I would like to know where the Air Intake Air Temperature sensor is located on the engine.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dodgerench replied 8 years ago.

Hi Rick, welcome to Just Answer!.

I don't think you'll find one. They didn't often exist, despite being represented in oddball diagnostic trouble codes. The rare instances when you actually have one puts it in the back side of the throttle body. Look for a 2-wire sensor on the firewall side, probably toward the (vehicle) right; nothing else should be in the area.

If you're having any other problems other than locating the sensor, feel free to write back. I'd be happy to talk.