97 Dodge Ram 1500: I remove the water pump; from the fan..5.9L

How do I remove the water pump; from the fan on a 97 Dodge Ram 1500; with a 5.9L engine.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.

Your fan clutch requires a special tool to remove the clutch from the hub of the water pump. This tool would be called a fan clutch removal set. Normally they have a few different size crows feet for different applications. I would suggest to you that you contact your local autopart store to see if they rent these tools out. I know that autozone does this and its free, you must just pay a deposit and you get it back when you return the tool. Feel free to contact me with any questions! Here is an illustration of how it works. Keep in mind this is not your engine so it will be a bit different. Good luck!

Object Number: 362333  Size: SH