mndave0002
mndave0002, engineer
Experience:  Design engineer and toolmaker mechanic previous ASE mech and ICARE body man
7009730

1997 Chrysler Cirrus: 2.5 V6..I get no check engine light

I have a 1997 Chrysler Cirrus w/ 2.5 V6. It will not start. I get no check engine light. I ckecked the bulb and it was ok. I also checked the ASD voltage at the PDC and the terminal 86 has power when the key is off. My book said it should only have power when the key is on. All relays check out ok for the ASD and the Fuel Pump Relay. Thanks! Jeff
Category: Dodge
Expert:  mndave0002 replied 8 years ago.

Hi, welcome to Justanswer.com

I would check your fuel prssure often with no codes it is fuel related. Possibly a clogging fule filter finally clogged solid

hope this helps.______________
PLEASE CLICK ON "ACCEPT" IF I WAS HELPFUL-OR IF YOU NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE JUST ASK, THANKS

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What I meant was there is no check engine light at all. When you turn the key on, the light should come on for about 5 seconds. But the light does not come on at all. Or I turn the key off and on to get the codes but it does not light up at all. Checked the bulb and replaced it with another one and it still did not work. I already changed the fuel filter. What about power at terminal 86 having power when the key is off.
YOu will need to have it scanned by a shop then to get the codes.