HITECH526, technician
Experience:  9 years technician experience

Dodge avenger: The fuel pumps had a recall in 1998

the dodge avenger 1998 had the computer sensor replace and still will not run, just shuts off while driving. The fuel pumps had a recall in 1998. Pump has been replaced. Do not know what the problem is, have to depend on men to see about it. Can you please help me.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  HITECH526 replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for your question. This is very common and there are multible things that could cause this symptom. Usually it is caused by a faulty crankshaft position sensor. But before I say that is your problem let me ask you a few questions. Does the engine just shut off while driving at highway speeds? How long does it take to start back up? Have you ever had the computer scanned for trouble codes?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to HITECH526's Post: the car shuts off when driving around town, they tested the car and said it was the computer sensor, I am lost on this.I will get one put on, the car does not run hot, or no light on dash come on.
Expert:  HITECH526 replied 8 years ago.
When you say the term computer sensor, I assume you are talking about the On board diagnostic computer. That could be the problem but there has to be some reason the mechanic has come to that concusion. Have they told you anything about why they say it is bad?