sunvalley brian
sunvalley brian, Dodge Mechanic
Experience:  7 years experience, ASE master certified, electrical, chassis, and powertrain master

1999 Dodge: 5.9 cummins..boost..cause the injection pump to shut down

I have a 1999 Dodge 3500 5.9 cummins it has a code for the boost sensor low input . Would that cause the injection pump to shut down.

The code shouldnt make your pump not work.

When did this happen?

Have you checked for fuel to the injection pump?

Have you replaced your filter or lift pump?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It happened Saturday. I have checked the fuel to the injection pump and it is getting fuel. I did replace the filter and lift pump last week.
If you have ful to the pump it should pump it. How many miles on the truck?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
130,000. There is fuel going to the injection pump but no fuel coming out of the pump.
This is about the miliage i have seen them go out at. If you have enough fuel going to the pump it should be pumping it out. Also what kind of fuel filters to you use?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I use Wix filters. Do you think the injection pump has gone out? Is there something electrical or a sensor that would cause the injection pump not to pump?
I think the pump is out the only other thing would be the cummins ecu and you would have to bring it to a dodge dealer to have them check it out. The only cummins recomended filters are Mopar or Fleetguard. Other filters arent small enough of a micron to trap the dirt and destroy the high pressure pumps.