vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience:  gold certified, dodge viper certified

how do i remove a 2007 dodge ram radio

No Comment Added
Good evening, in order to help you I need to know if the truck has a small floor mounted console , larger center console, or no console at all. Let me know which it has and I will help you further.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it has a small floor cup holder console on the floor

Okay. Here is all the info you are requesting. Note: the floor mounted console has to be removed in order to gain access to the 2 screws that hold the radio bezel in place.

Mini Floor Console

1.If equipped, remove the 4WD gear shift boot .
2.If equipped with a manual transmission, remove the transmission gear shift lever extension.
3.Remove the console inserts, if equipped.

4.Remove the bolts (2) that secure the rear console (1) to the floor panel.
5.Lift up the rear of the floor console to clear the gear shift lever, if equipped.

6.Remove the bolts (2) and separate the front console (3) from the floor.
7.Separate the front clips (1) and remove the mini console.

Center radio bezel REMOVAL

WARNING: On vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, seat belt tensioner, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment and possible personal injury or death.

1.Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.

2.On vehicles with a close out panel, remove the screws (3) and remove the close out panel (2).

3.Remove the screws (2).
4.Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, disengage the retainer clips that secure the instrument panel center bezel (1) to the instrument panel.

7.Disconnect the wire harness connectors (4) and remove the center bezel from the vehicle.

3.Remove radio mounting fasteners.

CAUTION: Pulling the antenna cable straight out of the radio without pulling on the locking antenna connector could damage the cable or radio.

4.Disconnect the antenna cable by pulling the locking antenna connector (2) away from the radio.

5.Disconnect electrical harness connector.

Also keep in mind that the radio bezel is hard to remove due to the strong retainers. Just take care to not damage anything by following the directions. If this answers your question the press ACCEPT. Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
great! thanks for the info.
No problem. Just let me know if you need more help.