Car has not been driven in a year. What should I do to get it road ready? It is a 98 Amigo Izuzu.
Isuzu AmigoAlready Tried: changed the oil and put in new batterey and put belt dressing on belts.
Besides the things you ahve done already, it might be a good idea to:
(1) Check tire pressure
(2) Fill the tank with fresh gasoline to dilute any old stale fuel that has been in storage
(3) Check engine coolant, and fill if needed
(4) Check brake fluid, transmission fluid, and power steering fluid levels
(5) Check the condition of belts and hoses. Rubber components can deteriorate in storage.
(6) Check to make sure that your registration, insurance, and any required state inspections are current.
(7) If the A/C does not seem cold, you may need to have the A/C system recharged. An air conditioning system can seep refrigerant while unused in storage.
25+ Years experience as a professional working automotive technician; ASE L1 master technician