mndave0002
mndave0002, engineer
Experience:  Design engineer and toolmaker mechanic previous ASE mech and ICARE body man

intake torque specs on a dodge v-8 360

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Dodge
Expert:  mndave0002 replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to justanswer.com

Here is common procedure hope this helps

5.2L and 5.9L Engines

See Figures 8, 9 and 10

1. Drain the cooling system and disconnect the negative battery cable.

CAUTIONWhen draining the coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted by ethylene glycol antifreeze, and are quite likely to drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain the coolant into a sealable container.

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 8: Seal the intake manifold as shown-V8 engines

1. Remove alternator and air cleaner.

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 9: Be careful to properly position the intake manifold gaskets-V8 engine's left bank shown

1. Disconnect accelerator linkage.

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 10: V8 engine intake manifold tightening sequence

1. Depressurize the fuel system and disconnect the fuel line.

2. Remove the distributor cap and wires.

3. Disconnect coil wires, temperature sending unit wire, heater hoses and bypass hose.

4. Remove intake manifold and throttle body as an assembly.

To install:

1. Clean the gasket surfaces so they are clean and dry.

2. Position the intake manifold and install. If the fasteners were severely rusted when removed, use new fasteners.

3. Tighten the intake manifold to head bolts in the sequence illustrated.

8.0L Engines

See Figures 11, 12, 13 and 14

2. Remove alternator and air cleaner.

3. Remove the serpentine belt.

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 11: Details of the upper intake manifold and throttle body assembly-V10 engine

1. Remove the alternator and its brace.

2. Remove the air conditioning compressor brace, remove the compressor and set it aside without disconnecting the lines.

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 12: Details of the lower intake manifold-V10 engine

1. Remove the air cleaner cover and filter. Remove the filter. Discard the gasket.

2. Depressurize the fuel system and disconnect the fuel line.

3. Disconnect accelerator linkage, and if so equipped, the speed control and transmission kickdown cables.

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 13: Exploded view of the lower intake manifold gaskets-V10 engine

1. Remove the coil assemblies. Disconnect the vacuum lines.

2. Disconnect the heater hoses and bypass hose.

Click image to see an enlarged view
Fig. 14: Align the intake manifold flange gasket-V10 engine

1. Remove the closed crankcase ventilation and evaporation control systems.

2. Remove throttle body and lift it off the upper intake manifold. Discard the gasket.

3. Remove the front upper intake manifold bolts. Retain the three rear bolts in the up position with tape or rubber bands.

4. Lift the upper intake manifold out of the engine bay. Discard the gasket.

5. Remove the lower intake manifold bolts and remove the manifold. Discard the gasket.

To install:

1. Clean the manifolds and mounting surfaces with solvent and let dry or dry completely with compressed air.

2. Inspect the surfaces for cracks and for warpage using a straightedge.

3. With the locator dowels in place on the head, install the intake manifold side gaskets.

4. When sure that the block is oil-FREE, peel off the paper (blue-rear, brown-front) and press firmly onto the block. Align the slots in the end seals with the notches in the intake manifold gaskets.

5. Into each of the four corner pockets, insert Mopar® Silicon Rubber Adhesive Sealant, or equivalent. Do NOT overfill.

6. The lower intake manifold must be installed within three minutes of the sealant's having been applied. After in place, inspect to be sure all the gaskets and the seals are in their proper places. Finger-start all lower intake bolts.

7. Tighten in sequence to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).

8. Install a new gasket and the upper intake manifold and finger-tighten all bolts. Alternate from one side to the other.

9. Tighten the bolts to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).

10. Install a new gasket and the throttle body onto the upper intake manifold. Tighten the bolts to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).

11. Install the closed crankcase ventilation and evaporation control systems.

12. Connect the heater hoses and bypass hose.

13. Connect the vacuum lines.

14. Install the oil assemblies and the ignition cables.

15. Connect the accelerator linkage, and if so equipped, the speed control and transmission kickdown cables.

16. Install the fuel lines.

17. Using a new gasket, install the air cleaner housing. Tighten the nuts to 96 inch lbs. (11 Nm). Install the air cleaner assembly and its cover.

18. Install the air conditioning compressor. Install the brace, tightening the bolts to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm).

19. Install the serpentine belt.

20. Fill the cooling system and connect the negative battery cable

Hope this helps

If this helps click accept thanks David