TIM
TIM, SERVICE MANAGER
Experience:  DODGE SERVICE MANAGER- 20 + YEARS
6531745

I recently bought a 1999 Chrysler Cirrus. The factory alarm ...

Customer Question

I recently bought a 1999 Chrysler Cirrus. The factory alarm system will not disarm. When you unlock the door outside with the key the alarm doen't disarm. When you open the door the headlights,domelites,and horn flash. When you then start the car with the key the alarm still won't stop. Alarm quits after about 5 minutes on i'ts own until you exit the car, then alarm sounds again. I am using the car with the horn relay and headlite delay relay removed from the fuse panel inside the car. The dome lites flash for 5 minutes though. Is their a alarm componant I could unplug or master fuse or hot wire to dissable the system. If not, then what needs to be repaired or replaced? Thanks Phil
Category: Dodge
Expert:  TIM replied 9 years ago.

do you have the remote to lock unlock the doors ?

have tried locking and unlocking the passenger front door with the key to see if it disarms alarm?tim

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to TIM GARRISON's Post: No remote Tim. The car was used no remote. My crysler van stops horn alarm after key is used in ignition.Iwill buy a key remote if you think thats it. Phil
Expert:  TIM replied 9 years ago.
is your key the thicker gray one and i assume of course you have power door locks?tim
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to TIM GARRISON's Post: Yes one key has the thick rubber part with chrysler logo.Also yes tried pasenger door same result.
Expert:  TIM replied 9 years ago.

ok phil, sorry about the delay, the disarm switch is part of the door lacth--so either bad lacth(switch ) or broken wire in the door harness-- too hard and too much $$

go to dealer -- buy and have programmed a new rke(remote keyless entry)fob -- then lock unlock doors -- should disarm alram-- sorry there is no easy way , thanks tim

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
OK Tim I'll buy the remote THANKS PHIL
Expert:  TIM replied 9 years ago.
thanks phil, have a safe and happy holiday season,tim