Davo
Davo, Master technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician also L1 Advanced Engine Performance Specialist
112340

WHAT IS A EATX SHUTDOWN RELAY ON A 1999 PLYMOUTH VOYAGER

MY TECH JUST QUIT AND LEFT ME WITH A VAN THAT HE WAS TRYING TO STRAIGHT WIRE THE COOOLING FANS SO THAT WHEN THE IGN. WAS ON, THE FANS WOULD RUN. HE HIT SOME WIRE IN A HARNESS AND NOW IT WILL NOT START AT ALL. IT BLEW A COUPLE OF FUSES, LIKE INST. PANEL LIGHTS. WHEN I TURN THE IGN. SWITCH TO THE RUN POSITITION, THE EATX SHUTDOWN RELAY CLICKS REAL FAST. IT IS UNDER THE HOOD, NEAR THE COMPUTER. IT IS NEXT TO THE FUEL PUMP RELAY AND AUTO SHUTDOWN RELAY. I HAVE SWITCHED THEM AROUND, BUT THE SAME ONE KEEPS CLICKING NO MATTER WHAT. I HAVE TRIED LOCKING AND UNLOCKING THE DOORS W/KEY. I HAVE REPLACED THE BLOWN MINI FUSES. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
It is the transmission control relay.You are going to have to find the short he created and repair it.Then to fix the fan operation you will need to most likely replace the cooling fan relay located on the drivers side of the inner frame.It is a solid state relay.So don't be looking for a square one.They go bad all the time I put one on a Grand Cherokee today that another shop couldn't find.
What other info do you need?