Leo, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  2005 Dodge ASE master technician of the year

No Comment Added

No Comment Added

They are kind of tough to see, but there are markings on the side of the master cylinder resevoir. Take a rag and wipe the drivers side of the resevoir off, then look at it with a bright flashlight. You should be able to see the min / max marks on the side of the resevoir, and also the level of the brake fluid through the resevoir (it's semi-translucent plastic).

I hope this helps, if so please click accept. Need more info? Just ask!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Leo's Post: Hi Leo,
   Thanks for the prompt reply. I did clean the driver's side and looked with a flashlight and didn't really see the markings.
   The cap says to clean it before removing. Ok, I can do that, but not sure why.
   Anyway, your answer does help, and I will accept it, but any more clues might be helpful.
   I am not too experienced with this. The brake fluid is reddish if I am looking at the right spot.
                      Thanks,   Steve

Hi Steve, good to hear back from you.

The markings are on the drivers side of the jug, the full mark is just below the top of the main body portion (not the tube that extends it out, if equipped). They are just raised letters, not colored or anything.

Even if you can't see the marks, wiggle it back and forth a bit, when full the fluid leve is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch below the top of the main body of the resevoir, if that makes sense..

I've attatched a picture of the brake master cylinder to make sure we are on the same page here.