74duster
74duster, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  4 year dodge tech
6539529

What does code P2706,and P700 mean for Dodge Ram 1500 year 2004

No Comment Added
Category: Dodge
Expert:  74duster replied 9 years ago.

THE P0700 CODE IS JUST SAYING THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT IS ON.

THE P2706 IS A CODE FOR THE MULTI-SELECT SOLENOID , SAYING IT HAS AN OPEN CIRCUIT. the MS solenoid serves primarily to provide 2nd and 3rd gear limp-in operation.

POSIBLE CAUSES ARE

1. THE SOLENOID
  2. A SHORT OR OPEN IN ONE OR MORE WIRES GOING TO THE SOLENOID
  3. POSSIBLY PCM

IF THIS HAS HELPED PLEASE SELECT ACCEPT

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to 74duster's Post: Should I just go and buy the solenoid to put it in the transmission.I have the place to put it in and a hydraulic lift to go under the truck.However,I need to repair the vehicle.Is it difficult to put in? or how do I know if it is the open-wires? Or again do I just buy the solenoid at the parts store?
Expert:  74duster replied 9 years ago.

the diagnosis for this is extremely long and tedious so i would just check around the trans for loose connectors or frayed wires. the most common failure is the solenoid.

when i get to work today i will send you some procedures on the diag and repair process. but if you dont have a multi meter the diag will be almost impossible.

Expert:  74duster replied 9 years ago.

REMOVAL

1. Remove the valve body from the transmission

NOTE: The valve body can be removed for service without having to remove the transmission assembly. The valve body can be disassembled for cleaning and inspection of the individual components.

1. Shift transmission into PARK.
    2. Raise vehicle.
    3. Disconnect wires at the solenoid and pressure switch assembly connector.
    4. Position drain pan under transmission oil pan.
    5. Remove transmission oil pan.
    6. Remove the primary oil filter (1) from valve body.
    7. Remove bolts (1) attaching valve body to transmission case.
    8. Lower the valve body and work the electrical connector out of transmission case.
    9. Separate the valve body from the transmission
  2. Remove the bolts (1) holding the transmission solenoid/TRS assembly onto the valve body. graphic
  3. Separate the transmission solenoid/TRS assembly from the valve body.

INSTALLATION

1. Place TRS selector plate in the PARK position.
    2. Position the transmission solenoid/TRS assembly onto the valve body. Be sure that both alignment dowels are fully seated in the valve body and that the TRS switch contacts are properly positioned in the selector plate
    3. Install the bolts (1) to hold the transmission solenoid/TRS assembly onto the valve body.
    4. Tighten the solenoid assembly screws adjacent to the arrows cast into the bottom of the valve body first. Tighten the screws to 5.7 N·m (50 in.lbs.).
    5. Tighten the remainder of the solenoid assembly screws to 5.7 N·m (50 in.lbs.).
    6. Install the valve body into the transmission.