Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...

Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Aftermarket & Factory Electronics
Experience:  Cert. Dodge & Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

96 dodge neon: my cruise control..quit.there are two vacuum lines

Customer Question

my cruise control on my 96 dodge neon quit.there are two vacuum lines that go under the battery tray then stop.where are they supose to go?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 6 years ago.
With the engine running (or trace it down) one hose should have Vacuum. The other hose will go to the Brake Switch.
Connect the Hoses to the Servo located by the Battery tray
Experience: Cert. Dodge & Chrysler Warnty, Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don'see any servo or any place to connect the hoses is it hidden?
The Servo is a Round (apprx. 5 inches round) type Unit with a Plastic snot on it that has the Cable coming from it to the Throttle Connections at the Throttlebody
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok I see the servo ,one of th hoses is the one from the servo the other come from the power booster,both of them are in a wire harness that go down by the battery tray and stop is there suppose to be something there?
Just the Servo. Should be a Vacuum Resevoir upstream, by the engine.
Your Plug & Hoses should plug into Servo
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
you see the hose on the srevo inthe diagram you sent me where dose it go?
Are you refering to this hose:
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes
That line should go to the Vacuum Resevoir, which some used the Brake Booster
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So your not sure where it goes ?
What do you mean?
I just explained it goes to the Vacuum Resevoir & some Neons used the Brake Booster
Is there a problem?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
because you said the line "should" go thats it .I just wanted to be sure what you ment.
Please understand, you are looking at vehicle & I am using my memory, Info & Diagrams to the besy of my ability & I really don't know what you are looking at, but everything I have Posted is what I see & know from experience & Info, so some things will be a guess, because I can't see it............
Here is a Diagram from Dodge:
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for you time and all the help.I think it dose go to the vacuum res. I'll hunt that down tommorow.Thanks again
You are welcome
Let me know if you need anything further
Thanks for using J/A