vipertech763
vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience:  gold certified, dodge viper certified
3256298

HOw do you remove a dash from a 2002 Dodge Ram

No Comment Added

Hi there,

What is it that you are replacing, or trying to get to?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I am replacing my upper dash closest to the driver. It is a 2 piece dash board.... It goes all the way from driver side door to passenger side... It only has 2 a/c vents...

Thanks,

I was thinking maybe you were trying to just get behind or underneath there. I dont have any info on the dash board itself so i will open your question back up, and if another expert is famillar with it, they will email ya...Good luck!

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
OK Thanks

Good afternoon, is this a 1500, 2500, or 3500? Also are you replacing the upper dash cover due to being cracked? Or are you speaking of the dash trim bezel that surrounds the cluster and radio?

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to vipertech763's Post: 1500 QUAD CAB ... UPPER DASH COVER DUE TO CRACK

Please check the picture and let me know exactly what part# you are needing to replace.

Also, have you spoke with the dealer about the cracking, I work at a dealer and replace alot of these. If out of warranty then they usually cover the repair and the customer just pays $100. I would recommend checking with the dealer and if they are no help then ask for the district rep and explain the problem.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to vipertech763's Post: Item #9 ... I have talked to the customer rep and he said it is not covered under the warranty...
Sorry to hear that, I know that my dealership would handle it. Anyway, I can get you the info, it ill just take take due to being alot of steps. It is a time consuming process and will require removing the entire dash assembly in order to access the defrost vent screws that attach to the bottom side of the dash cover. It will be later this evening when I can have it all together
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
What dealship are you at and do you have a phone number that I can call you? If not, can you call me(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Thanks,

I'm located in Georgia so I dont believe it will help you. I work at Thomson Motor Center located in Thomson Georgia.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Hey Mr. Vipertech763,

I went to the dealer again and talked to the service manager... He told me to call the customer 1800 number and maybe they would cover it... I just wanted to thank you for your help.. can I leave you a donation to your account? If so, how?
I will reply back as an answer and then you can press accept. Let me know what they say, some times they have you pay $100.00 and sometimes they have you pay half.
vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience: gold certified, dodge viper certified