vipertech763
vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience:  gold certified, dodge viper certified
3256298

Amplifier on a 2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the Infinity system

How do I get to the amplifier on a 2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the Infinity system
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Virtual Wrench (L J) replied 7 years ago.

Hello there,

It is located behind upper right side of the dash.

Here is the wiring diagram also, in case you need it.

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Virtual Wrench's Post: I know where its at, how do I get to it.

Sorry, never had to pull one before, i'll open your question up for other experts in case someone has.

Good luck!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I need to get to it so I can replace it. I can see it behind the glove box but can't get the dash panel off.
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 7 years ago.

Good evening, the service manual states to remove all the lower dash trim including the left side below the steering wheel, the dash bezel around the radio, the center lower dash trim panel , the glove box, and the right side lower dash trim. Here is the exactly what the service manual stated:

REMOVAL

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
  2. Partially open the glove box. From the inside of the box press down on the rearward edge of the bin and lower the glove box fully past the stops. Lift the box assembly off of the hinges and remove glove box.

1. Remove the two lower screws holding the steering column opening cover in place.

1 - SCREWS (2)
2 - COVER

1. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, release the upper clips and remove the cover.
  1. Open the ashtray and cup holder.
  2. Remove the one center bezel retaining screw.

1 - INSTRUMENT PANEL
2 - CENTER BEZEL
3 - SCREW

1. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, at notch in the bottom, remove the passenger side endcap.
  2. Remove the passenger side cowl trim panel.

1 - COWL TRIM PANEL
2 - CLIP INSERTS
3 - DOOR SILL

1. Open ash receiver and place hand inside.

1 - ASH RECEIVER
2 - CUP HOLDER

1. Apply force with an abrupt downward motion and roll rearward.

1 - LOCKING TABS
2 - CUP HOLDER
3 - ASH RECEIVER

1. Dislodge and roll ash receiver out of panel to remove.
  2. Remove the ash receiver.
  3. Remove the cup holder, if equipped.
  4. Remove the storage bin, if equipped.
  5. Remove the 12 screws around the glove box opening.
  6. Remove the nine remaining screws around the cup holder/storage bin and ash receiver area and remove the surround.
  7. Remove instrument panel lower right center bezel.
  8. Disconnect the 12V power outlet electrical connector.
  9. Disconnect electrical harness connector from amplifier.

1 - INSTRUMENT PANEL
2 - AMPLIFIER
3 - MOUNTING BOLTS
4 - ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR

1. Remove mounting bolts.

Let me know if you need more help or have more questions.

vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience: gold certified, dodge viper certified