vipertech763
vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience:  gold certified, dodge viper certified
3256298

2001 dodge ram 1500: the harness and light bulbs..console..dome light

I have a 2001 dodge ram 1500 and need to replace the harness and light bulbs in the overhead console dome light. My question is where can I find instructions on how to do so? How do I open the console up so I can do the work?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 7 years ago.

Good afternoon, here is the info you requested:

REMOVAL

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
  2. Open the garage door opener storage bin door and locate the two overhead console latch tabs near the front of the bin.

1. While pulling gently downward on the front of the overhead console, push the latch tabs forward until each latch is disengaged from its receptacle in the inner roof panel.
  2. Slide the overhead console rearward far enough to disengage the two mounting hooks on the rear of the housing from the mounting holes in the inner roof panel.

1. Lower the overhead console from the headliner far enough to access the wire harness connector.
  2. Disconnect the roof wire harness connector from the overhead console wire harness connector.
  3. Remove the overhead console from the vehicle.

Let me know if you need more help or have more questions.

vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience: gold certified, dodge viper certified