Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Error code P0406 EGR Flow Sensor A -High input

Error code P0406 EGR Flow Sensor A -High input. Please help. What does this mean, where is this part? I am so confused and no one has the part but Dodge-who wants $300 to fix it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Dodge?
-What model is your Dodge?
-How many miles are on your Dodge?
-What type of engine is in your Dodge?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Chris (Moose)'s Post: It is a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4; 5.7L Hemi w/thunderroad pkg; 46000 miles. I haven't tried anything b/c one-I am a girl and have no idea what to do. All I know is every mechanic I have ever gone to thinks I'm dumb enough to pay $200 for labor and a $50 dollar part.

Here is what needs to be checked. W/O being able to performany diagnostics. You need to look into the wires at athe position sensor and if all look good then the position sensor for the EGR can then be assumed as the fault. Afte repairs the Code will need to be cleared by removeing the negative battery cable.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
What is the position sensor and where is it?
The EGR is exhaust gas recirculation. It runs some exhaust back through the engine to be burmt again. The sensor and the is located on the front of the engine as the picture sows I already sent.