Bob {Hog Rider}
Bob {Hog Rider}, Lead Rebulider
Experience:  A.T.S.G. Certifications of Completions Chrysler / Dodge Transmission Tech
3959815

when shifting into reverse the car jumps and then when i ...

Customer Question

when shifting into reverse the car jumps and then when i push the gas it just slowly climbs in rpms with the speed slowly climing, no red lining or anything this happens most the time but occasionally it runs fine. it is a 2001 stratus se what is the possible problem
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Bob {Hog Rider} replied 9 years ago.

steve whitney , I,ll need to know your engine size , as This year Stratus could have one of three differnt Transmissions in them.

Thank You I,ll be waiting for your reply

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
3.0 v-6

Your Transmission is an F4A51 , This is an uncommon problem with them but as long as you have no C/k Engine or C/k Trans. light on The most common failure is the Low /Reverse Solonoid has failed This solonoid controls Pressure for Low, ( Man1)

Range and also Reverse This can be replaced in the Vehicle by a Reputiable Transmission Mechanic,

The other Failure their known for is the end cover Cracking internally but if this was the case you would also have a problem with 3rd gear.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
my check engine light is on though
I,m sorry I neglected to fully read your post Please let me know what the Code`s are