dugan50
dugan50, Technician
Experience:  35 yrs experienced shop owner / technician
4145111

How do you change the dome light in a 2001 dodge ram 2500

How do you change the dome light in a 2001 dodge ram 2500? I do not see any screws?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  dugan50 replied 7 years ago.
Hi:

The plastic lens has two tabs on it. It you gently squeeze it or pry it with a small pocket screwdriver, it will pop off and give you access to the bulb.
graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to dugan50's Post: I did not see any tabs like that diagram. This is a 2001 Dodge ram 2500 and there are 2 small dome lights on each side.
Expert:  dugan50 replied 7 years ago.
Sorry, I was talking about the center light. Here's a picture of the side lamps. they just squeeze out
graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No offense but that diagram is nothing like the dome lights in my truck. There is a garage door holder & sunglass holder then the lights are on either side. Oh well I will just take it in to have it changed. Thanks.
Expert:  dugan50 replied 7 years ago.
OK. We're talking about map & courtesy lights, not dome lights. Last try....how about this?

Insert a long, narrow, flat-bladed tool between the curved (outboard) edge of the reading and courtesy lamp lens and the overhead console housing.

Gently pry inward and downward against the lens until the latch tab in the center of the outboard edge of the reading and courtesy lamp lens is disengaged from the overhead console housing.

Pull firmly on the lens toward the outboard side of the vehicle to disengage the two pivot tabs on the inboard edge of the reading and courtesy lamp lens are disengaged from the overhead console housing.

Remove the reading and courtesy lamp lens from the overhead console housing.graphic
dugan50, Technician
Experience: 35 yrs experienced shop owner / technician