Bob {Hog Rider}
Bob {Hog Rider}, Lead Rebulider
Experience:  A.T.S.G. Certifications of Completions Chrysler / Dodge Transmission Tech
3959815

HOW DO I CHECK THE TRANSMISSION FLUID IN A 2006 DODGE ...

Customer Question

HOW DO I CHECK THE TRANSMISSION FLUID IN MY 2006 DODGE MAGNUM? WHERE IS THE STICK?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Bob {Hog Rider} replied 7 years ago.

You have a 722.6 (Mercedes Benz Transmission)

A Very Reliable Transmission . So it Is Known as a" Fill For Life " Trans no need for the average Owner to check it, But if you need to know..

CHRYSLER VEHICLES WITH 722.6 TRANSMISSION DIPSTICK USAGE COMPLAINT: CAUSE: CORRECTION: SERVICE INFORMATION: When the transmission requires a check of the fluid level, no dipstick is found in the filler tube, only a locking cap is found in the top of the filler tube. Vehicles manufactured by Daimler/Chrysler DAIMLER/ and equipped with the 722.6 transmission do not come equipped with a dipstick with the exception of the Jeep Grand Cherokee which does come with a dipstick. The dipstick is considered a tool by the manufacturer and must be purchased separately. Currently, there are four (4) different dipsticks available depending on vehicle model. The conductor plate shown in figure 1 has a plastic funnel which provides a stop for the dipstick that is used in Mercedes built vehicles. This positions the end of the dipstick a few millimeters OFF the bottom of the pan. The dipstick used in Chrysler built vehicles bottoms out on the pan without deflection. The conductor plate in these applications has the plastic funnel eliminated as shown in figure 2. Three (3) of the four (4) dipsticks will have graduated markings every ten (10) millimeters, these are found in the Chrysler made vehicles. The dipstick for Mercedes Benz made vehicles does not have the ten (10) millimeter graduated markings, instead, it has preset fill level graduations. Figure 3 illustrates the fluid level check procedure for Mercedes Benz built vehicles ONLY. Fluid type and capacities can be found in the chart in Figure 4. Use the part numbers for the correct dipstick/vehicle combination listed under "Service Information". Dipstick for Mercedes Benz Vehicles................................................M/B #140 589 15 21 00 Dipstick for Sprinter & Crossfire...........................................................Miller Tool #8863A Dipstick for Jeep Grand Cherokee.........................................................Miller Tool #8863B Dipstick for Chrysler C & 300 Dodge Magnum........................................Miller Tool #9336 Dipstick for 2005 Grand Cherokee...........................................................Miller Tool #9336 NOTE: Miller Tools is the tool supplier for Chrysler Division and can be contacted at www.miller.spx.com, or 1-800-801-5420.