Virtual Wrench (L J)
Virtual Wrench (L J), Dodge Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

1994 dodge: van..Scan Code 27 intermitent stalling..bad gas..100 miles

1994 dodge van B250, 318 engine. Scan Code 27
Intermitent stalling, (sound as if there is bad gas) failure last for 20 seconds to over 2 minutes. Sometime drive over 100 miles and no failure. Fuel pressure is good.

Tryed injector cleaner, new TPS, EGR valve and Oxygen Sensor.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Virtual Wrench (L J) replied 7 years ago.
Code 27 refers to an injector. This does not sound like a single injector issue. What is your fuel pressure reading?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Virtual Wrench's Post: Fuel pressure is 35psi.
You will need to check the fuel pressure when it is in a no start condition, if it is ok, then you need to check for spark when it is in a no start condition. This will isolate the problem, down to which system is lacking.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Not sure how to check for spark in a no start. Does this mean to stop fuel flow then turn key to start while checking spark. I am almost 100% it is a fuel flow problem, Injectors or flow to injectors. I added Slick 50 fuel system cleaner to about 10 gallons of gas and it seem to be better so far.   Going for aXXXXXsoon.
To check for spark, you will need to pull a plug wire off and stick a screwdriver in the boot and hold the metal part of the screwdriver about 1/8 of an inch away from the engine ground, and while someone is cranking the engine see if spark arcs across the screwdriver shank to ground. If it is getting spark, then it will be fuel related and you need to test the pressure at that time.
Virtual Wrench (L J), Dodge Mechanic
Experience: 35 years Master Mechanic