vipertech763
vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience:  gold certified, dodge viper certified

2006 Chrysler: Country van..adjust..headlights.... specs

2006 Chrysler Town and Country van - need to adjust headlights.... specs? and what adjustments are located where?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 7 years ago.

Good afternoon, here is the info you requested:

STANDARD PROCEDURE - HEADLAMP UNIT ALIGNMENT

HEADLAMP UNIT ALIGNMENT PREPARATION

1. Verify headlamp dimmer switch and high beam indicator operation.
  2. Inspect and correct damaged or defective components that could interfere with proper headlamp alignment.
  3. Verify proper tire inflation.
  4. Clean headlamp lenses.
  5. Verify that luggage area is loaded as the vehicle is routinely used.
  6. Vehicles equipped with automatic load leveling suspension should be driven normally for approximately 5 km (3 miles) before attempting a proper headlamp unit alignment.
  7. Fuel tank should be FULL. Add 2.94 kg (6.5 lbs.) of weight over the fuel tank for each estimated gallon of missing fuel.

ALIGNMENT SCREEN PREPARATION

1. Position vehicle on a level surface perpendicular to a flat wall 7.62 meters (25 ft.) away from front of headlamp lens .
  2. If necessary, tape a line on the floor 7.62 meters (25 ft.) away from and parallel to the wall.
  3. Rock vehicle side-to-side three times and allow suspension to stabilize.
  4. Jounce front suspension three times by pushing downward on front bumper and releasing.
  5. Measure the distance from the center of headlamp lens to the floor. Transfer measurement to the alignment screen (with tape). Use this line for up/down adjustment reference.

HEADLAMP UNIT ADJUSTMENT

The low beam headlamp will project on the screen upper edge of the beam (cut-off) at the horizontal lamp centerline ± 50 mm (2 in.). Horizontal aim is preset and can not be adjusted. The high beam pattern should be correct when the low beams are aligned properly .

To adjust headlamp vertical alignment, rotate adjustment screw to achieve the specified low beam cut-off location.

Let me know if I can help you further

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Great info so far, much appreciated. The adjustment screw in the illustration is a Tork head, right? And it is labeled L and R, even though it moves the aiming point UP and DOWN?
Assuming there is NOT a Left-Right beam adjustment??
Thanks again.
It is a torx bit, correct. I cant tell you what size however. Left and right (horizontal) movement can not be adjusted, only up and down.
vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience: gold certified, dodge viper certified