vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience:  gold certified, dodge viper certified

2002 pt cruiser pcm replacement instructions for the ...

Customer Question

2002 pt cruiser pcm replacement instructions for the do it yourself guy, how? engine light code came up as p0601 which is pcm memory failure, how do i go about removing the old and replacing it with new?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 9 years ago.
I don't recommend replacing it your self because the new pcm will have to have the VIN and mileage programmed into and that would have to done at the dealer. Plus if it has a gray skim key, the security key code will most likely have to be transferred also. It doesn't take long to remove and replace and you have to have it programmed, take it to the dealer and you wont have no worries. The programming usually cost 0.5hrs and replacing cost 0.5hrs and at $60-70.00 per hour. Also before you replace it check to see if the vehicle still has the extended federal emissions warranty because it would cover the PCM and you wont have to pay anything. If you give me the VIN I can check for you to see if it is still under warranty. This way I can save you some money hopefully.