RD, Dodge Mechanic
Experience:  35 Years in the Dodge repair field

1999 Dodge Caravan 3.3L engine. Transmission will shit ...

1999 Dodge Caravan 3.3L engine. Transmission will shit through the gears 2 times and then go into 2nd gear limp mode. You can stop the car, turn off the engine and restart and the car will shift through the gears two times and then go into limp mode. Error codes are as follows P0700 Transmission Control System Failure, P0715 input/Turbine Speed Sensor Failure, P0731 Gear 1 Ratio Incorrect, P0733 Gear 3 Ratio Incorrect.

Here is what i would do

Disconnect net the battery

let sit for 5 to 10 minn

re connect take for a ride

this is a lot of codes to have at once

now when it goes limp

check the code

this will get the correct information

I have seen the T.C.S. module do this

and the turbine speed sensor solenoid do this

also a speed sender

and last but not good the trans its self

Let me know if i can help more!

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Already did that. The first set of codes were similar except I had the same codes as stated before except it was P0734 instead of P0733. We disconnected the battery for about 1/2 hour then reconnected. I drove straight to the local parts store and got the batch of codes I sent you earlier.

Wow ok i have not seen this many codes at once,

If the trans fluid is not burnt

I would the T.C.S. module is the culprit here

Now depending on where you live at there are threes shops that can reprogram the tbs this is by far less cost then getting a re man!

with the po700 i guess it could throw mutable codes out it is possible.

the trans places who do this in your area are like amoco, auto service specialists

Let me know if i can help more!

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The Trans fluid is not burnt. I suspect since we have so many codes it is the TCS. It does shift good for two cycles and then limp mode. That tells me it is mechanically sound. I am not a mechanic but it makes sense to me.

Can the TCS be reprogrammed?

I will accept your answer thus far. I would like a response to the possibility of reprogramming. I will press the accept key.

If you respond to my reprogramming question after I have pressed the accept key I will use your service again.

Thanks for your quick answers.

Robert Z...

HI yes

you should have someone around you that can reboot the TCS

dealer just exchanges it

i would call around to your local trains shops or even a parts store can direct you on where to go to get it re programed

IM glad i could help you!

Look me up next time please!

Thank you!