Steve, Service Manager
Experience:  25+ Years experience as a professional working automotive technician; ASE L1 master technician

I cant find my oil filter or plug

Customer Question

i cant find my oil filter or plug
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Steve replied 9 years ago.

The oil drain plug is located on the very bottom of the engine, at the lowest point, facing towards the rear of the car. The oil filter is located on the back side of the engine, a few inches above the drain plug; you have to get under the car and look up at the back side of the engine to be able to see it.

To change teh filter, simply unscrew it from the engine and screw on the new one. To drain teh oil, place a container under the plug and remove it. When teh oil is finished draining out, reinstall the plug and add the new oil through the cap on top of the engine valve cover.

I hope this is helpful and answers your question; if so, please click my accept button and leave positive feedback! Thanks!

Expert:  Steve replied 9 years ago.

I was wondering how you are making out; was the information I provided helpful?