Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

What does it mean when you have gas in your oil and in your coolant

My car won't start and theirs gas in my radiator and in my engine?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 years ago.

Sounds like a blown head gasket. Be sure there are no air pockets in the cooling system. Be sure the cooling fans come on. And obviously the coolant is full. After the basics are covered than we can suspect other things. Take off the oil cap and look on the inside of it. If the oil looks like a vanilla shake than theres your problem. The head gasket has blown and there is coolant in the oil. The head gasket will need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to AMEDEE's Post: I don't think it's the head gaskett cause the coolant and the oil is not mixing its the gas mixing with coolant and the oil, the car can also start and drive but there is water coming out of the muffler
Expert:  Amedee replied 9 years ago.
Water coming out of the muffler is ok. That is just moisture. This is common! As far as gas mixing with the oil, this indicates that the engine is running too rich. Oxygen sensor, fuel pressure regulator, along with many other things could cause your engine to run rich. I would rec to get your computer scanned for codes. You local auto parts store will do this for free.