Danny
Danny, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Dodge certified, Shop Foreman.

garage door opener on Dodge Durango

My husband is in Puerto Rico with a rented a Durnago and no manual. He has a condo and needs to know how to set the garage door opener. Could you please email him the necessary instructions XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX.

Thank you so much!!!
Marina
XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your dodge?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to Danny's Post: 2006
Expert:  Danny replied 7 years ago.
Hope this helps. Please click accept for me. Thanks

PROGRAMMING TRANSMITTER CODES

Programming Common Transmitter Codes

WARNING: Vehicle exhaust contains carbon monoxide, a dangerous gas. Do not run the vehicle's exhaust while training the transceiver. Exhaust gas can cause serious injury or death.

WARNING: Your motorized door or gate may open and close while you are training the Universal Transceiver if the vehicle is in range of the motorized device. Do not train the transceiver if people or pets are in the path of the door or gate. A moving door or gate can cause serious injury or death to people and pets or damage to objects.

NOTE: When programming a garage door opener, it is advised to park outside the garage. It is also recommended that a new battery be placed in the hand-held transmitter of the device being programmed to HomeLink® for quicker training and accurate transmission of the radio-frequency signal.

1. Press and hold the two outer HomeLink® buttons, and release only when the indicator light begins to flash (after 20 seconds). Do not hold the buttons for longer than 30 seconds and do not repeat step one to program a second and/or third hand-held transmitter to the remaining two HomeLink® buttons.
  2. Position the end of your hand-held transmitter 1-3 inches (3-8 cm) away from the HomeLink® buttons while keeping the indicator light in view.
  3. Simultaneously press and hold both the HomeLink® button that you want to train and the hand-held transmitter buttons. Do not release the buttons until step 4 has been completed.

NOTE: Some gate operators and garage door openers may require you to replace this Programming Step 3 with procedures noted in the "Gate Operator/Canadian Programming" section.

4. The HomeLink® indicator light will flash slowly and then rapidly after HomeLink® successfully receives the frequency signal from the hand-held transmitter. Release both buttons after the indicator light changes from the slow to the rapid flash.
  5. Press and hold the just trained HomeLink® button and observe the indicator light. If the indicator light stays on constantly, programming is complete and your device should activate when the HomeLink® button is pressed and released.

NOTE: To program the remaining two HomeLink® buttons, begin with "Programming" step two. Do not repeat step one.

If the indicator light blinks rapidly for two seconds and then turns to a constant light, continue with "Programming" steps 6-8 to complete the programming of a rolling code equipped device (most commonly a garage door opener).

6. At the garage door opener receiver (motor-head unit) in the garage, locate the "learn" or "smart" button. This can usually be found where the hanging antenna wire is attached to the motor-head unit.
  7. Firmly press and release the "learn" or "smart" button. (The name and color of the button may vary by manufacturer.)

NOTE: There are 30 seconds in which to initiate step eight.

8. Return to the vehicle and firmly press, hold for two seconds and release the programmed HomeLink® button. Repeat the "press/hold/release" sequence a second time, and, depending on the brand of the garage door opener (or other rolling code equipped device), repeat this sequence a third time to complete the programming.

HomeLink® should now activate your rolling code equipped device.

Canadian Programming/Gate Programming

Canadian radio-frequency laws require transmitter signals to "time-out" (or quit) after several seconds of transmission which may not be long enough for HomeLink® to pick up the signal during programming. Similar to this Canadian law, some U.S. gate operators are designed to "time-out" in the same manner.

If you live in Canada or you are having difficulties programming a gate operator by using the "Programming" procedures (regardless of where you live), replace "Programming HomeLink®" step 3 with the following:

NOTE: When programming a garage door opener or gate operator, it is advised to unplug the device or move the vehicle out of range during the "cycling" process to prevent possible overheating.

• 3. Continue to press and hold the HomeLink® button while you press and release every two seconds ("cycle") your hand-held transmitter until the frequency signal has successfully been accepted by HomeLink®. (The indicator light will flash slowly and then rapidly.) Proceed with "Programming" step four to complete.

Danny, Dodge Technician
    Experience: Dodge certified, Shop Foreman.