32dmadden
32dmadden, Auto Repair Shop Owner
Experience:  A.S.E. Certified Master Technician, L-1 37 yrs. Auto Repair Experience

I have a 2001 dodge intrepid, where is the solenoid for ...

Customer Question

I have a 2001 dodge intrepid, where is the solenoid for the transmission?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  32dmadden replied 7 years ago.
I'm not sure witch solinoid you are looking for. Here are a couple diagrams . One for the pressure switch ass'y. and the other is the shift lock solinoid. If you need something else let me know. Please accept my answer if you are satisfied.
Expert:  32dmadden replied 7 years ago.
Here's the other diagram. I'll be around if you need more help. Please accept my answer if you are satisfied.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Reply to 32dmadden's Post: I'm getting a code of p0605 and p0700 could this be related to my transmission solenoid and its sensors?
Expert:  Brian W replied 7 years ago.

Hello, 32madden is away. I have looked up your codes and both codes stand for TCM INTERNAL. Both of these codes require the transmission control module to be replaced. There are no diagnostics just module replacement. Neither code has anything to do with a solinoid.

Here is an illustration.

____________________________________________

I hope this helped if so an accept is appreciated

Expert:  32dmadden replied 7 years ago.
P0605 is set when the self test starts the PCM detects that the read only memory self test failed inside the transmission controller. P0700 sets when battery power is lost from transmission control module. Have you unpluged it? I don't know what kind of trouble you are having but if the module has lost power I doubt the transmission is working correctly Including the solinoid. I will send a wire diagram. If you need more help let me know. Please accept my answer if you are satisfied.