Chrysler man
Chrysler man, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified as an L1 Master Technician with extensive experience in Dodge products

How do I program keyless remote for 1999 dodge durango?

Customer Question

Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chrysler man replied 10 years ago.

For a customer to be able to program RKE transmitters themselves, at least one RKE transmitter must be programmed already. This procedure is to add additional transmitters. If all transmitters are lost, the DRB III scan tool must be used to program the new transmitter(s).

Transmitter programming by the customer is done by continually pressing the unlock button, on a programmed fob, for a minimum of 4 seconds to a maximum of 10 seconds with the ignition switch ON. Within the 4-10 second range, the panic button is depressed. Both buttons are then released.

The BCM will chime (allow 3 seconds to chime). Press and release the Lock and Unlock buttons on the same transmitter at the same time. Then press any button on the same transmitter. The BCM will chime to indicate the transmitter is programmed. Repeat the procedure above for additional transmitters. To exit program mode, turn off ignition or wait 32 seconds . The BCM will chime again.

Customer: replied 10 years ago.
Reply to Chrysler man's Post: This did not work for me, I guess I'll have to go to the dealer
I did some further checking and the transmistter for your vehicle cannot be programmed by the owner and requires the use of the factory scan tool which means only the dealer can do it.