Russell H., Technician
Experience:  Working with digital cameras & questions for nearly 8 years.
13568747

I own a Canon T3i that works fine with the lithium battery

Customer Question

I own a Canon T3i that works fine with the lithium battery but does not with a new Canon AC adapter kit ACK-E8 which I purchased to replace another unit that worked with the camera for a short period. I checked the voltage at the adapter pins and got 7.7 volts so it appears to be an issue with the camera which does not make sense since the camera works with the battery.
Category: Digital Cameras
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Actually, it does make some sense - the battery circuitry is somewhat separate from the AC Adapter circuitry, in the camera, for electronic design reasons.

So, the question is:

How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.

Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?

Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?

Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?

Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?